Scott Bookner, MD, FAAP Judith Halpern, MD, FAAP Minella Lentini, MD, FAAP
Lisa Steccato, MSN,CPNP-PC
Scarsdale Pediatrics is a friendly, state-of-the-art medical practice specializing in the care of children and adolescents from birth until 21 years of age. Our office is conveniently located in the center of the Village of Scarsdale and has on-site valet parking. We are open seven days per week and have evening hours. We have separate waiting rooms for sick and well children. (During the Covid-19 pandemic, children are brought immediately into an exam room). Drs. Bookner, Halpern and Lentini are board-certified and have been practicing pediatrics for many years. Dr. Bookner is the past-Director of Pediatrics at White Plains Hospital Center. Nurse Steccato is a Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and Board-Certified Lactation Consultant.
September 8, 2023:
Influenza vaccines are now available.
Although many people get the flu and recover uneventfully, flu can still potentially be a very serious and potentially life-threatening illness, even for otherwise healthy children, and particularly for infants and those with underlying chronic medical conditions. The American Academy of Pediatrics, CDC, Dept. of Health and our doctors all recommend that all children 6 mos and older (and their family members!) receive a yearly flu vaccination. For children under age 9 years who have never received more than 1 dose of the vaccine, 2 doses are recommended, at least 1 month apart. All others should receive 1 dose. If your child is scheduled for a routine physical this fall, the vaccine can be done at that time. All others should call (during regular hours please) to schedule your child's flu vaccine. [914-725-0800].
November 5, 2023
We are very happy to introduce Ms. Lisa Steccato, MSN, CPNP-PC, a Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to Scarsdale Pediatrics. Ms. Steccato has previously had extensive pediatric experience as an RN working at Blythedale Children's Hospital on the infant ventilator dependent unit; as a pediatric intensive care nurse at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital and the Children's Hospital at Montefiore; and as a nurse practitioner working with infants and mothers on the maternity unit at Greenwich Hospital. In addition, she is a Board-certified Lactation Consultant. She completed her Master of Science in Nursing at Duke University in 2022. She will be available later in November 2023 to see well infants, children and adolescents for routine physicals and for appointments for sick patients. We are sure you will be as delighted as we have been to meet her and to entrust her with the ongoing medical care of your children.
August 21. 2023
To our Patients and families,
As of August 27th 2023, Scarsdale Pediatric Associates will only be open on select Sundays for emergency appointments.
Keep checking our website for timely updates.
June 5, 2023
Dear patients, families, friends, and colleagues,
I will be retiring from direct patient care, effective August 1, 2023. I have been a part of Scarsdale Pediatric Associates for 36 wonderful years, and it is time to start a new chapter in my life.
Scarsdale Pediatrics will continue to provide top-notch pediatric care. Drs. Bookner, Halpern, Lentini, and my future replacement will continue to promote the holistic and exceptional practice of pediatrics promoted by our founder, Dr Gloria Edis.
I would like to thank the patients and their families for making my 36 year journey so enjoyable. It has been a pleasure and honor helping our patients grow up to be responsible members of society, and even having some of our former patient graduates now bringing their own children here. I am grateful for the education that I have received here. The diversity of our patient population has given me the opportunity to learn about so many different cultures, religions and countries. I hope that I have been able to impart medical knowledge in return.
I also would like to thank the interns who followed me around like ducklings in the office. Teaching medicine always seemed to energize me. To those interns who elected not to seek a career in medicine, I thank you for your time, and I hope that I taught you some knowledge about other careers, music, movies, sports, etc.. To those who elected to go to medical school, thank you for keeping my record for interns at 100% success for entrance into medical school. I hope that I have helped a little in your future success.
Moreover, I would like to thank my staff. Contributions from the business manager, front staff, back staff, and insurance dept. have all helped Scarsdale Pediatrics achieve its wonderful reputation. My success as a pediatrician is clearly a result of their efforts.
Lastly, I would like to thank my wife and daughter for their support. Without them, I would not have been able to contribute to the successful growth of Scarsdale Pediatrics.
William Lee, MD, FAAP
PS: May the “force” at SPA continue!
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ALL PATIENTS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR COVID-19 VACCINATION SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE VACCINE. The vaccines are safe and effective. They protect your child, your family, your acquaintances and our entire community.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE 2023:
As we continue to bring our office back to "normal" pre-pandemic functioning, please keep in mind that the pandemic is still ongoing and we will continue to take every precaution necessary to protect our patients, their families and our staff from unnecessary exposure. The guidelines below are based on a combination of NY State Department of Health regulations, CDC guidelines, and our own doctors' concerns for your safety:
- All visits are by appointment only; no walk-ins please.
- Masks are no longer required for patients or families, but are recommended as a way to protect yourself from exposure. Those who are ill are recommended to wear masks.
- Starting in late September 2022, we began to normalize our scheduling. In other words, sick and well children can be seen in the morning or afternoon. We are doing our utmost to both keep everyone safe while also trying to accommodate everyone's scheduling preferences. Therefore, all Covid19-related safety precautions will be taken. We will minimize any use of the waiting rooms as much as possible. Rooms and equipment are cleaned carefully. Air purifiers continue to be used in each exam room.
- We ask that, if possible, only one caretaker accompany your child, in order to minimize crowding in our rooms.
- No caretaker who is ill, who has tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days, or who is under order to be in quarantine or isolation is permitted to be in the office.
- We are currently able to perform in-office PCR testing for Covid19 and influenza. Results are usually available within one hour. (Please note that certain insurance plans do not cover this testing and require that we send tests out to a commercial lab. Results generally take 1-3 days to return).
- Please note that as the pandemic and the world around us is constantly changing, we are always striving to make you and your child's experience here as easy and positive as possible. We hope that you will bear in mind that our doctors and staff are faced with all the same personal, local and governmental pressures facing every person and every business during this continuously unprecedented time, yet will work tirelessly on your behalf. If we all work together, then we will continue to be strong as a community and a nation.
Please use the links below to search for updated information about Covid19:
Please note that there may be a charge to your insurance company for certain phone calls.